Thursday, March 3, 2011

MLB At Bat 2011 for Android

For about 3 or 4 years now I've bought the MLB Audio package.  It lets you listen to MLB games over the web, home or away, with no blackout restrictions.  It is an AWESOME deal for $19.95.

Last fall I got a Droid X mobile phone, so this year I decided to try out the MLB At Bat mobile app for Android.  I think this will be a better option this year, since I'll always have my phone with me, but might not always have a computer (or WiFi connection).

MLB unfortunately doesn't let you use the mobile app AND the web app for one price.  You have to pay $19.95 for the web subscription and then $14.95 for the mobile app.  Very annoying.  When will they go to a one price gets you "all you can eat".  Pay for the content, not the delivery of the content.  Anyway.

At least I think that is the deal.  I just logged on to the MLB site and was listening to the Diamondbacks vs. Giants on the web as well as on my phone.  This might be a pre-season feature where they enable it for everything, but lock things down once the season starts.

I guess I'll find out on March 31.  I'll update this posting when I find out more about what's going on.

PLAY BALL!!!!

No comments: