Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Netflix on the Droid X

On May 12 Netflix announced that they had launched a Netflix app on Android.  This was great news for Android owners, however there is a downside.  The app is currently only supported on a limited number of devices.  Sad, but true.  And of course, it's not supported on my Droid X for some strange reason.  The Droid X is a great multimedia device (that's one of the reasons I picked it over the Droid Incredible), so why in the world it isn't supported out of the gate is beyond me.  There's probably some technical reason, but it's still annoying.  It's supported on the Incredible, of course.

About a week ago I discovered that some enterprising soul had figured out how to get Netflix to work on a variety of additional Android devices, including my beloved Droid X.  Yay!  If you follow the link, I was able to get it to work by following option #1.  I downloaded the Netflix APK with the check disabled.  Worked like a champ!

No comments: